Skip to main content

Reply To: Interstitial Cystitis

Reply To: Interstitial Cystitis2014-11-24T18:50:58+00:00
Pam
Participant

Bearsmom,
I have not looked at the IC diet for a long, long time so just focusing on the SIBO diets and really just looking at a lot of what Norm has done. Anyway, I took out the coconut because from what I have deduced from Norm’s and other lit. is that it is a medium fermentation. I was using coconut in everything including my homemade cereals. So now I just have unsweetened Almond Milk.

Also, on the probiotics I just reread that Norm had written that the following probiotics strains can cause gas, under certain circumstances “Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus casei, Streptocococcus thermophilus…”p 68, Fast Track Digestion IBS My old probiotic that I could not tolerate contained the casei bacteria so that may be why it was making me feel nauseated.

Norm says use enteric coated probiotics but not sure I am buying into that one. I have done a lot of research on probiotics. Actually, I use to break the powdered capsules open in my mouth, swish and then swallow as the mouth contains so many nasty bacteria : )

On the stomach issues you are having, as I healed, it was definitely one step back and two steps forward so unless you are consistently having issues??? Also, were you ever tested for SIBO? And, I am taking another form of supplement that helps the gut for indigestion etc… a product called Peppermint Gels by NOW in the enteric coated pill is peppermint, ginger and fennel…all good for the gut.