Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Recipes Baking & Fast Tract Reply To: Baking & Fast Tract

sivert
Participant

Yes, I’m aware that my last post did obviously not contain the actual recipe, I did not find it worth the effort to translate and write it when there were so many FP values I couldn’t find…

The recurring problem, also with the resource you link, Andrea (I had tried that one already) is that they list the GI of a lot of industrial products, but not the actual ingredients. For example, searching that database for “sesame” does not return a value for sesame seeds, only for some products that contain them.

Without knowing even half of the FP values, though, I would estimate that the FP per slice of the bread I was thinking of would be around 15 or even more.

Anyway! Today, I tried a different recipe (the bread is cooling off here minus a slice for tasting) which is gluten free and has a moderate FP. I think it has a nice “crumb”, and my recipe says that it is good for toasting. Here it is:

180 g flax seeds
70 g almonds
2 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs
0.1 L water
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt

Heat oven to 170C. In a powerful blender, turn the flax seeds and almonds into a flour. Mix all the ingredients and put them in a bread form. Bake for 30 min and let the bread cool on a rack.
If my calculation is correct, the FP for the entire bread is 68 g (54 from the flax seeds and 14 from the almonds), so it you cut it in 20 slices, each slice is 3.4 g