Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Heartburn and GERD Fats causing Heartburn Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn

heatherj
Participant

Hi Robray, Keep at it, and I’m sure you’ll figure it out! Its a long process, though, isn’t it? I have read that SIBO tests are about 80% accurate so there is a 20% chance that you have SIBO even if the results come back negative. On the other hand, I do encourage you try Fructose Malabsorption test. Or try a low FODMAPs diet and see it helps. I hope the bile supplements work. Not to put a wrench in things (or to go against anything Norm says!) but coconut oil actually causes me inflammation (blasphemous, I know!). I only say that so you will take note of any adverse symptoms you might have after ingesting coconut oil. I have read in forums that other people have similar reactions to coconut oil, so I’m not the only crazy one out there. Why should a girl like me not be able to eat grains, dairy, fructose, bone broth or coconut oil? Well, I haven’t been able to figure that out yet. But hopefully I will one day. 🙂

Good luck with the whole process and especially getting through the holidays. If it helps at all, we have a whole gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, low sugar (and still delicious!) holiday meal plan (from Thanksgiving to New Years) over at Stuffed Pepper. So if you’re hosting, maybe you will find inspiration and if you’re a guest, maybe you can bring something (?).

Get better soon!