Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Heartburn and GERD Fats causing Heartburn Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn

heatherj
Participant

Hi Robray,

Are you still having issues? I have been having problems with bone broth, too and I’ve been searching for information on it for months. I thought I was crazy, and that maybe it was something else in the ned, so I had some bone broth today, and it was clear that that was what I was reacting to. So I did more searching and read that bone broth contains free glutamines, which are supposed to be great for healing… in fact many people take L-glutamine as a supplement… but apparently the body turns glutamine into glutamate, and if you have a problem with MSG, (which I do!), then you could also have a sensitivity to glutamine. 🙁 I have not verified any of this information, I just saw it on various blog posts today. So I plan to continue researching this. But it is interesting.

Also, I SWORE I had SIBO, because my symptoms were so very much a description of SIBO. But test results came back negative. I was actually depressed about this, because I was hoping to finally find a solution to all my troubles! I desperately asked the technicians where I took the test what else could it POSSIBLY be and they said the symptoms of Fructose Malabsorption (FM) look a lot like SIBO. So took the Fructose Malabsorption test and it was clear that I had FM. So if you have FM, then all that fruit you were eating could undoubtedly cause you issues! (Not that every fruit is a problem with FM, but many are, and excessive amounts are, too).

Anyway, I hope that helps. I’d be curious to know how you’re doing now.