Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Laryngopharyngeal Reflux – LPR Fast Tract Diet for LPR – not working? Reply To: Fast Tract Diet for LPR – not working?

croline
Participant

Thanks for your replies everyone. Perhaps I didn’t explain myself clearly. But I don’t think your replies have got the point I was making.

This diet is just not working for me. There foods that were previously “safe” for me that I have had to switch out for the diet. The new foods are giving me LPR symptoms. Some examples:

Oatmeal = safe food. Switched for Cornflakes under advice of the FT book. Gave me LPR.

Bananas and apples = safe food. Switched for Melon under the advice of the FT book. Gave me LPR.

Normal skim milk = safe food. Lactose free milk introduced under the advice of the FT book. Gave me LPR.

So I have switched back to my original diet. A lot of the FT foods advised according to the book, are foods that I KNOW to be trigger foods for me. And they still are.

The one thing out of all this that has worked is switching basmati rice for jasmine rice. Much less bloating.

But I want to point out, this is not 100% effective for everyone with LPR. Because it hasn’t worked for me, from day 1 I was having problems.
I am going to stick to the foods I know are safe for me:
Oatmeal, Bananas, Apples, Meat, Fish, Vegetables, Rice, Baked potato, Popcorn.