Jaeme
Participant

Glad to help bearsmom – it was others on this forum that kept me sane and strong when I started. I know how much the support here helps – I had so many questions and everyone was great with answers and words of encouragement.

My nutritionist did have concerns about the lack of “traditional” fiber, but I eat a lot of salads (I add greens to my eggs when I cook them, I have a big salad at lunch and a smaller one at dinner), drink a lot of water, and eat a lot of veggies (and not much bread-type foods). I think the probiotic has been a big help, and I do take some magnesium citrate tablet at night (only 200 mg a day now, was at 400 mg when I first started diet – don’t mind the 200 as it is less than the daily RDA and has some other health benefits). The first few months of the diet my main snack was 1/8-1/4 cup macadmia nuts (best fatty acid profile) and one medjool date (but if fructose is your problem, would skip the date). Again, as the gut adjusts I did have some bouts of constipation in the beginning, but I am regular every day now for the last 7-8 months. My weight is right where it should be, and I fit into pants I wore back in college 25 years ago – a very nice perk of the FTD diet along with good health, skin and energy.

The FP charts in the back of the book have a serving size in both ounces and grams. I think in the beginning I cut the rice from 150 grams to 75 grams or even less- I will have to weigh one of the frozen bags of rice I still have in the freezer I pre-portioned out.

So please hang in there, and lean on the rest of us for support. As I used to quote the Red Green Show “I’m pulling for you, we’re all in this together.”