Skip to main content

Reply To: Constipation Solutions and Challenges

///Reply To: Constipation Solutions and Challenges
Reply To: Constipation Solutions and Challenges2014-10-14T14:28:49+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Constipation Constipation Solutions and Challenges Reply To: Constipation Solutions and Challenges

Irina_RN
Participant

Hello All,

I hope I’m posting this in the right place. I had great success with the FTD diet after I switched my probiotics – I was even able to decrease the dosage of some of the medications I take (yay!). But after about 6 weeks of feeling awesome, my symptoms started coming back. I went to the trouble-shooting section of the book and I followed the suggestions to keep FP intake under 20 and total carbs under 20 and to decrease fibre intake. So I’ve done this for a week and I don’t really see any results (other than it might have stopped the progression of the symptoms from becoming worse). When I originally started the FTD protocol, it only took about 3 days to get results and my symptoms were much worse then so I’m really confused as to why this is happening. Do I need to restart antibiotics? (I don’t really want to but I will if I need to)
I’ve even tried just eating protein and fat and that doesn’t seem to help either. Is this just stubborn symptoms that will go away on their own eventually? Or is this a sign that something else is going on?
My symptoms are constipation and bloating.
I’ve been focusing lately on good sources of carbs and fibre, but I’ve been keeping my daily totals of FP and carb at around 10 so I’m well below the limit for troubleshooting – is it too low?
Can stress realistically cause a resurgence of symptoms? I’m in the midst of midterms right now. If so, what can I do? (I can’t stop studying for school…)

Any help would be super appreciated
Irina