Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Why does SIBO return so quickly even with this diet? Reply To: Why does SIBO return so quickly even with this diet?

Norm Robillard
Keymaster

Hi Zad, One way to look at it might be a comparison to sugar and type 2 diabetes. People with diabetes don’t tolerate as many carbs as people without it. The same is true of people who are susceptible to SIBO. Like type 2 diabetes, it can get show up as we age. In paleolithic times, it likely was not much of a problem given the sporadic availability of sugars and starches. But in modern times, what we consider a reasonable if carb-loaded diet might be quite the opposite by paleolithic standards. On a positive note, I have actually become quite a bit more tolerant over the years. But you are correct. If I abuse that tolerance over a period of several days, symptoms do begin to reappear. But I don’t see that as a problem at all as the same type of excess also leads me to gain wait – a double whammy. I agree with the comments of Dan and Chis as well.