Skip to main content

Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn

///Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn
Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn2014-05-24T00:51:01+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Heartburn and GERD Fats causing Heartburn Reply To: Fats causing Heartburn

JI
Participant

Robray, I do not have experience with the deconjugation of bile acids by SIBO. I did have SIBO which was eradicated by taking a 10 day course of the antibiotic Rifaximin. I decided on the antibiotic therapy because the SIBO caused me a lot of discomfort. A caveat…I am very careful about antibiotic use as I know that overuse can really mess up the digestive system. I think that taking a good probiotic during and after antibiotic treatment helps to regulate your gut flora. I believe that Nexium made me contract SIBO. My lowered stomach acid could not fight off the infection. In conjunction with the antibiotic treatment and probiotics, I weaned myself off Nexium by stepping down to lower and lower doses of Zantac until I was on no heartburn medication. I also started the Fast Tract diet at the same time. I think the combination of all of these things rid me of SIBO. Good luck on your wellness journey. Everyone is different, but I am just relaying my story and what worked for me.