Skip to main content

Reply To: Food Intolerance and SIBO

///Reply To: Food Intolerance and SIBO
Reply To: Food Intolerance and SIBO2014-05-20T23:27:53+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Food Intolerance and SIBO Reply To: Food Intolerance and SIBO

JI
Participant

Hi Jason, I think a low FP diet is important to get rid of SIBO as the bacteria likes to feed on sugar and carbs. A coworker of mine told me that she had digestive issues for years until she went gluten-free. She has not been tested for Celiac disease as the diet itself has eradicated her symptoms. I have heard a few people with GERD say that going gluten free alleviated symptoms. Some people with lactose intolerance can handle dairy if they take an OTC product like Lactaid, but it’s not a guarantee. I wonder if you can handle goat’s milk and cheese.

In my case, I had a very bad case of SIBO which I believe was caused by being on Nexium. With no stomach acid, the body cannot fight off infections as well. I took a ten day course of Rifaximin antibiotic followed by the FT diet, and weaned myself off Nexium. I think it’s important to take a good probiotic following antibiotic treatment to re-balance your gut flora. Months later, I tested negative for SIBO.