Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Fast Tract Users Updates Reply To: Fast Tract Users Updates

mchurch314
Participant

Jaeme, I’m doing well. I’ve gone from 2 Nexium per day to one half of one Nexium per day (I have the Nexium called Mups which are in a hard capsule form so I can cut them in half). I have some symptoms but they are mild to moderate which I attribute to the rebound acid from the lower dose Nexium. Each time I reduced the Nexium and other GI meds I noticed some symptoms but after a week or so they mostly went away. I’d then go another week and then reduce the dosage again. Hopefully I can get to the point where I’m taking no PPI’s. I’ve been watching my FP’s which is a big factor but so far I can eat spicy foods, drink wine and eat fats without much problem. If I eat a lot of sugar (or the like) I have issues. I’m also off the Remeron which I took for 3 months. I am still taking the Carafate which is helping with the acid rebound. I just don’t want to do any damage to my stomach or esophagus during the PPI withdrawal.