Skip to main content

Reply To: I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help?

///Reply To: I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help?
Reply To: I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help?2014-05-05T21:55:36+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help? Reply To: I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help?

Kelly
Participant

Dolphin, you sound a lot like me. I thought part of my problem was fructose malabsorption, but on top of that I can’t tolerate any fruits or any other forms of sugar. As I was figuring this out, I was using fruit as a sweetener, and reducing my expectation of sweetness. Once you get used to it, you don’t need any sweetener at all. Sweet potatoes taste like candy to me now. I have made pumpkin custard/pie filling with no sweetener, only spices, and pumpkin by itself tastes terrible to me.

So you could just leave out the sweetener in all the recipes, or using a low-FP fruit if needed. You might also be interested in my recipe blog at http://eliminatinglimitations.wordpress.com/ Most of my recipes aren’t low-FP, because I just found this diet, but the pumpkin pie recipe is there.