Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Rosacea, SIBO and Diet Hydrogen breath test negative Reply To: Hydrogen breath test negative

Norm Robillard
Keymaster

Jaeme,
Not at all. I am not against antibiotics at all costs. But I believe that dietary intervention with the Fast Tract Diet should be tried first for most SIBO-related conditions. Here is the conclusion from my blog artcle Are Antibiotics Safe for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “My recommendation is to treat all but the most severe forms of IBS with a science-based diet that limits SIBO. Antibiotics should be reserved for IBS/SIBO conditions that either fail to respond to diet or that involve more severe symptoms such as weight loss, failure to thrive, steatorrhea (the body’s failure to digest fats), anemia, bleeding or bruising, night blindness, bone pain and fractures, leaky gut syndrome, and autoimmune reactions. More severe symptoms which may include vomiting, constant diarrhea, fever or blood in the stool may be indicators of even more serious illness and should be evaluated by your doctor as soon as possible.”