Skip to main content

Reply To: Fast Tract Users Updates

///Reply To: Fast Tract Users Updates
Reply To: Fast Tract Users Updates2014-04-28T15:11:48+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A Fast Tract Users Updates Reply To: Fast Tract Users Updates

mchurch314
Participant

God luck JI!! Been through al of those test and all they can tell me is that I have an over-sensitized GI and GERD. There is no evidence of a weak LES so don’t know how they could say that I have GERD. Oh wait a minute, I have GERD because the PPI’s that I have been on for the last 8 years of enabled the “bad” bacteria to flourish in my gut which causes excessive gasses which in turn forces gas and acid through my healthy LES into my throat. My St. Louis doctor told me to continue to Nexium. My Texas doctor said to get off of it. Norm’s theory makes total sense and is more closely aligned with my Texas doctor. I’m going with their approach. About 2 months ago I reduced my Nexium from 2 a day to 1 a day. Seven days ago I started taking an OTC Prilosec every other day in place of that days Nexium. At the end of this week I will go to an every day OTC Prilosec and drop the Nexium altogether. Then after 2 weeks will go to OTC Prilosec every other day for two weeks and then drop the PPI’s completely. I am using Carafate to help minimize any acid trauma to my GI while my body relearns how to regulate its acid production. I have also been diligent in drinking daily Kefir milk while minimizing sugars (FP diet). Am I symptom free, no. Do I feel as bad as I thought that I would at this point, no. Am I out of the woods, no. Am I optimistic, YES!! Again, good luck to you but my point in telling you all of this is that no matter what your test say, doctors are just guessing a lot of the time. You’ve go tot take charge of your own health, be your own advocate and ultimately, do what “you” feel is best for you.