Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Recipes Desserts Reply To: Desserts

Greer
Participant

Just a further post about the Ricotta cheese cake – have made it again with less lemon and some vanilla added – yumm! It is wonderful served with a dollop of good quality full cream unsweetened yogurt – can add some chopped strawberries too.

here is original recipe again
Corsican Cheesecake
• Serves: 8-10
• Oven temperature: 180°C (160C fan forced) think that is 350°F /330°F
• Cook time: 40 to 50 minutes
• Pan: 20 cm springform cake tin
Ingredients:
500 g fresh ricotta cheese
¾ cup Dextrose (less would be fine too)(I do not like Splenda but worth trying with that if you like it)
1 lemon, finely zested
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoon of a flavoursome alcohol (such as Cointreau or Grappa)- I just use a generic low alcohol orange liquor
5 large eggs

How To:
– Preheat the oven. Butter a 20 cm springform cake tin.
– In a bowl, combine the cheese with ¼ cup of dextrose and the lemon zest. Use an electric mixer and beat until well combined. Stir in the lemon juice and alcohol.
– In another bowl, with electric mixer, whisk the eggs with the remaining sugar for about 5 minutes until thick, pale and foamy.
– mix in the ricotta mix to obtain a creamy texture make sure well mixed – DO NOT over mix.
– Pour the mixture in the cake tin and bake in the oven for around 40+ minutes longer better I think or it is very wet (I turn it to fan forced for 20 mins after the 40 mins) but keep checking it might be different in your oven.
– ***(very runny mixture which might leak form your spring form pan – put pan of water underneath to catch drips – water stops it burning)
– Allow to cool before turning out.
– Chill