Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Recipes Low FP Recipes 2 Reply To: Low FP Recipes 2

george72
Participant

Not really a recipe, but a nice thing to cook is queso de freir (fried cheese–lightly pan fried). Similar to halloumi cheese. The brand I use has soy protein as part of the cheese cultures–just mentioning in case soy is a problem for individuals.

Another great chicken recipe is Chicken Tagine. I served it with jasmine rice cooked with saffron:

two to four cloves of garlic, minced
olive oil (or any oil) for pan-frying chicken and mixing marinade
one or two chickens, cut into serving sized pieces; or similar amount of chicken breasts–alternately, you can use chicken breasts and thighs–I keep the skin on.

Spices:
quarter teaspoon black pepper
quarter teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of saffron
one teaspoon cumin (optional)
one teaspoon turmeric (optional)
one stick of cinnamon or a few pinches of ground cinnamon (optional)
one teaspoon coriander (optional)
two onions, finely chopped (use less if you prefer)
two cups chicken broth or stock (or water)
one cup green olives (less or omit if you prefer)
two preserved lemons, cut into slices (see below)
salt, to taste

Cooking:
Mix the garlic, some black pepper, and a spoonful of oil. Rub the chicken with the mixture and set aside for a few hours or overnight.

Heat the oil in a tagine. Fry the chicken until all sides begin to brown. Add spices. (The black pepper, ginger, and saffron are most typical. If you have no saffron, consider one or two of the optional spices, which can be added according to you liking.) Add onions. Stir-fry over high heat for a few minutes.

Add chicken broth, stock, or water. Bring to broil. Reduce heat. Cover, but leave a crack for steam to escape. Simmer over low heat for thirty minutes or more.

Add olives and preserved lemons. Add salt and adjust seasoning. Continue to simmer. Remove chicken and set aside. If necessary, bring sauce to boil, stirring continuously, until thickened.

Serve chicken, covered with sauce.