A recipe I thought well worth sharing: Corsican Cheese cake
FP hardly anything…
• Serves: 8-10
• Oven temperature: 180°C (160C fan forced) think that is 350°F /330°F
• Cook time: 40 to 50 minutes
• Pan: 20 cm springform cake tin
500 g fresh ricotta cheese
¾ cup Dextrose (less would be fine too)(I do not like Splenda but worth trying with that if you like it)
1 lemon, finely zested
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoon of a flavoursome alcohol (such as Cointreau or Grappa)- I just use a generic low alcohol orange liquor
5 large eggs
– Preheat the oven. Butter a 20 cm springform cake tin.
– In a bowl, combine the cheese with ¼ cup of dextrose and the lemon zest. Use an electric mixer and beat until well combined. Stir in the lemon juice and alcohol.
– In another bowl, with electric mixer, whisk the eggs with the remaining sugar for about 5 minutes until thick, pale and foamy.
– mix in the ricotta mix to obtain a creamy texture make sure well mixed – DO NOT over mix.
– Pour the mixture in the cake tin and bake in the oven for around 40+ minutes longer better I think or it is very wet (I turn it to fan forced for 20 mins after the 40 mins) but keep checking it might be different in your oven.
– ***(very runny mixture which might leak form your spring from pan – put pan of water underneath to catch drips – water stops it burning)
– Allow to cool before turning out.
Yummy served with cream poured over and berries
FP would be tiny: the lemon juice and the berries you have with it.
** if you do not like lemon could leave it out I reckon – am going to try that next – just some vanilla and orange liquour…