Skip to main content

Reply To: I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help?

///Reply To: I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help?
Reply To: I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help?2014-03-12T03:43:15+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help? Reply To: I want to read the book, but have a couple of concerns.. Please help?

Jaeme
Participant

Hi dolphin005 – I highly recommend this book, it has helped me tremendously. I too was not keen on the artificial sweeteners, so I went with a pure stevia (natural plant extract) & dextrose product called “Stevia in the Raw” (no other ingredients). Also recently found another company’s version called Pure Via with just the stevia & dextrose. I will be switching over to the dextrose, as I need to keep calories up. I have a brewer’s supply store within a half-hour of me that should carry it.

Also, I don’t add any sweetener to the breakfast smoothies, etc. Instead I just add a little almond or vanilla extract if the fruit alone is not sweet enough. Or, I skipped the dessert all together to allow for a glass of the lactose-free milk or snack/FP points elsewhere.

I have found the diet to be flexible and adaptable as long as you stay within the FP point ranges (swap out one ingredient for another, leave something out, use leftovers from one day on another day, etc.) And eat leafy greens with every meal to keep things moving 🙂