Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Recipes Blender Smoothie Reply To: Blender Smoothie

Jaeme
Participant

MC- Not quite finished with week two, but staying close to what Norm has for his daily menus. Due to time constraints, or needing to use a food item before it goes bad, I have swapped a few recipes around to a different day or re-used a recipe as long as the FP numbers are similar. I have skipped most of the desserts (not because they don’t sound delish, time constraints again), but that has allowed me a few FP points elsewhere in the day (for maybe a small glass of lactose-free milk, or the nut mix instead of lower-cal snack). I have found the recipes easy, adaptable and quite tasty (thank you Norm for giving me back garlic, tomatoes, onions, peppers & spices!). Constipation has been an issue (since I switched from a very high fiber diet), but have tried to add greens to as many of the meals as possible, drink lots of water, and eating about 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pie mix) drizzled with cream and a dash of cinnamon at dinner as dessert. While pumpkin has a low FP of 2, I am guessing the puree is a bit higher due to concentration giving it a denser fiber count.

As I go forward, I plan to use and adapt many of Norm’s recipes plus adding in a new food each day or so to see how it goes. The one thing I have not added yet is any of the white bread/bagel/baguette, since I was wondering about gluten. So I am waiting until the full two weeks is up before trying that.

Since tomorrow is Mardi Gras, I am using the Shrimp Creole recipe someone posted on this site with a few tweaks for dinner. 🙂