Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Laryngopharyngeal Reflux – LPR Growing Extremely Frustrated – Anyone Have Success with nagging/recurring LPR? Reply To: Growing Extremely Frustrated – Anyone Have Success with nagging/recurring LPR?

Norm Robillard
Keymaster

I can appreciate your challenge and frustration RK. Reflux in general and LPR in particular are challenging conditions. My own chronic acid reflux is under complete control for the last 15 years – except for when I fall off the wagon for a few days on vacation etc. LPR may require even more diligence.

Some of the different approaches you mentioned will almost certainly increase fermentable carbs. Very low FP or keto are the best options of those you mentioned. GF / Paleo have many high FP food options and may not be the best approach. At issue I believe is how few fermenting carbs are required for bacteria to produce a lot of gas (30 grams carbs = 10 liters of gas). So strict limits on dietary carbs, especially the five mentioned in the book and app, are required.

Also, anything that limits efficient digestion / absorption will dramatically increase the fermentation burden in the intestines. Since so many potential underlying or contributing causes are possible and many affect digestion, working with someone on these may be required along with some additional testing if needed. If I can help, you can contact me via the consultation page.