Skip to main content

Reply To: How do you deal with intense cravings?

///Reply To: How do you deal with intense cravings?
Reply To: How do you deal with intense cravings?2018-06-12T13:59:46+00:00

Fast Tract Diet for SIBO Forum Fast Tract Diet Q&A How do you deal with intense cravings? Reply To: How do you deal with intense cravings?

peterm
Participant

Hi jpek,

I know how you feel. I had a serious weakness for dark chocolate and carb based snacks. I think your body can adjust quicker than you think but you have to give it the opportunity.

The problem I had was that I couldn’t get my motivation right until it was too late. When I was diagnosed as lactose intolerant and potentially have reflux (I likely do) I cut down on the chocolate and snacks. But as things improved I went back to them. As they got worse again I stopped but then substituted them for other bad things like too much dried fruit or “lighter snacks” like popcorn and rice crisps.

Once I started having serious problems I knew I had to stop and it wasn’t really a lot of effort. I stopped all of the processed foods cold turkey 5 or 6 weeks ago. I think fear took over. So while I will still have cravings once in awhile they never get bad cause I feel the consequence won’t be worth it. It can make you sad since we are always surrounded by food but I keep hope that I will recover to the point where I can indulge once in awhile. If not, there are lots of other things to enjoy in life.

Find something that distracts you from food for awhile. Preferably something that doesn’t make you too hungry or surrounds yourself with things you can’t eat. It’s hard socially to avoid things so I am taking my time slowly easing back into social activities. I have to bring my own food a lot of times etc..

Peter